Saturday 21 September - Monday 23 September
FULLY BOOKED! A long weekend of hiking, based in the alpine village of Grindelwald, including a day hike on the famous Eiger Trail!
- The Faulhorn peak at 2681 m, with its panoramic views of the turquoise Brienz Lake and, in the other direction, the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
- The Eiger Trail that runs close to the foot of the Eiger North Face, with wonderful views towards the Wetterhorn and the Grosse Scheidegg.
- The scenic “blue jewel” of Bachalp Lake, whose glacial deep blue water reflects the Schreckhorn.
- The spectacular rock and ice masses of the Eiger Glacier towering above us on the trail down to Kleine Scheidegg.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Type of hiking
- 3 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- For enthusiastic walkers in reasonably good shape; max. 950 m up and 850 m down and 4 h 30 to 5 h 30 of walking each day.
- Technical level: T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) with a few short sections at T3.
- Overnight stays in the comfortable Grindelwald Youth Hostel in 4- or 6-bed rooms with showers available.
Please note meeting time in Grindelwald at 9.10 a.m. on Saturday 21 September.
Price and booking
CHF 390 per person (min. 6, max. 10 participants), including: 3 days’ guided hikes; 2 nights’ dormitory accommodation with half-board. Price excludes: transport, insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
Please allow about an additional CHF 60 (with ½-price card) for transport during the weekend (bus, cablecar, train) to enable us to make the most of the higher panoramic trails.
Simply click on the “Book now” button to reserve your place. Booking deadline: 15 August 2019.