Friday 13 September - Sunday 15 September
FULLY BOOKED! A long weekend of hiking, based in the alpine village of Grindelwald, including a day hike on the famous Eiger Trail!
- The Faulhorn peak at 2681 m, with its panoramic views of the turquoise Brienz Lake and, in the other direction, the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
- The Eiger Trail that runs close to the foot of the Eiger North Face, with wonderful views towards the Wetterhorn and the Grosse Scheidegg.
- The scenic “blue jewel” of Bachalp Lake, whose glacial deep blue water reflects the Schreckhorn.
- The spectacular rock and ice masses of the Eiger Glacier towering above us on the trail down to Kleine Scheidegg.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Type of hiking
- 3 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- Hikes at level 2*/3*, for enthusiastic walkers in good shape; max. 950 m up and down and 4 h 30 to 6 h of walking each day.
- Technical level: T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) with a few short sections at T3.
- Overnight stays in the comfortable Grindelwald Youth Hostel in twin rooms.
Price and booking
CHF 480 per person (min. 6, max. 10 participants), including: 3 days’ guided hikes; 2 nights’ accommodation in twin rooms with half-board.
Price excludes: transport, insurance, picnic lunches, drinks. Please allow about CHF 70 (with 1/2-fare card) for local transport (cablecar, train, bus), which we’ll use for access to the panoramic hiking trails.
Booking deadline: 2 August 2024.
Please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.