A hikers’ paradise, the cantons of the Grisons, the Valais, Bern and Ticino offer some of the most varied and spectacular mountain walking in Switzerland. Meadows and marshland, forests and lakes, glaciers and rocky summits, plus a wonderful diversity of alpine flowers and mountain animals and a rich local culture.
Please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.
I’ll look forward to seeing you again in the mountains soon!
Join me for a multi-day guided hiking tour in my favourite parts of Switzerland! You’ll find photos to tempt you on the Gallery page. For 2021 there is a varied programme of multi-day hikes for you to choose from, some from a comfortable hotel base and some hiking from place to place:
- A four-day long weekend of winter walking (without snow-shoes!) from a hotel base in the pretty village of Kandersteg. Postponed until January 2022.
- Four days in Ticino with its picturesque landscapes, abundant wild flowers, steep valleys with shady chestnut forests, and charming old villages with their historic stone houses.
- A four-day long weekend of hiking in and around Diemtigtal Nature Park, including two sections of the scenic Berner Voralpenweg from Oey to Zweisimmen.
- Gommer Höhenweg, from Bellwald à Münster. A weekend of hiking on the panoramic high-altitude trail along the sunny side of the upper Rhône valley.
- Six days trekking over mountain passes along the Via Alpina from the Glarus alps to the Bernese Oberland — with some scenic variants along the way!
- A hotel-based week in Scuol in the Lower Engadine with its high alpine meadows, traditional villages with sgraffito-decorated houses, shady forests and wild secluded valleys.
- Five days discovering the magnificent region of Bergün-Albula in Parc Ela, the largest nature park in Switzerland and a unique biotope to explore on foot.
- Walserweg, Grisons. Five days of trekking from Filisur to Langwies in the footsteps of the Walser, discovering en route the culture and fascinating history of the Walser folk.
- A hotel-based week in the spectacular natural environment of the Alpstein and Appenzellerland, with its beautiful lakes, steep cliffs, typical Appenzell houses, living traditions and lush green landscapes.
- Four days of hiking high above Zermatt, surrounded by 4000-m peaks and glaciers.
- A long weekend of hiking, based in the alpine village of Grindelwald, including a day hike on the famous Eiger Trail!
- A long weekend above Lenk and the Simme valley, including the idyllic lake of Iffigsee, the impressive Simme and “seven fountains” waterfalls, and panoramic views of the Wildstrubel and Bernese mountains.
- Five days of hotel-based autumn hiking in the Upper Engadine with wonderful views of turquoise lakes, glaciers, snow-covered summits, and larch forests.
- An autumn weekend on the spectacular panorama trails above Lötschental, with magnificent views of the Lang Glacier, the impressive rocky summit of the Bietschhorn and the historic valley villages.
It’s never too early to plan your holidays!
Just contact me for further information.