A hikers’ paradise, the cantons of the Grisons, the Valais, Bern and Ticino offer some of the most varied and spectacular mountain walking in Switzerland. Meadows and marshland, forests and lakes, glaciers and rocky summits, plus a wonderful diversity of alpine flowers and mountain animals and a rich local culture.
Good news! As a result of the Federal Council’s decisions, I’m very happy to announce that I will be able to lead hikes again from 11 May. These will be with a maximum of four participants per group and of course with strict compliance with the current Covid hygiene and social-distancing rules.
Some further changes are expected from 8 June. I will update information here when I can.
I’ll look forward to seeing you again in the mountains soon!
Join me for a multi-day guided hiking tour in my favourite parts of Switzerland! You’ll find photos to tempt you from our 2019 hikes on the Gallery page. For 2020 there is a varied programme of multi-day hikes for you to choose from, some from a comfortable hotel base and some hiking from place to place:
- A four-day long weekend of winter walking (without snow-shoes!) from a hotel base in the pretty village of Kandersteg.
- Over Whitsun, four days in Ticino with its picturesque landscapes, abundant wild flowers, steep valleys with shady chestnut forests, and charming old villages with their historic stone houses. Postponed to June 2021.
- Gommer Höhenweg, from Bellwald à Münster. A weekend of hiking on the panoramic high-altitude trail along the sunny side of the upper Rhône valley.
- A four-day long weekend of hiking in and around Diemtigtal Nature Park, including two sections of the scenic Berner Voralpenweg from Oey to Zweisimmen.
- A weekend on panoramic trails in the Bernese Oberland above the impressive Lauterbrunnen valley, with wonderful views of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, flower-filled meadows, spectacular waterfalls and more.
- A hotel-based week in Scuol in the wonderful natural environment of the Lower Engadine with its high alpine meadows, traditional villages with sgraffito-decorated houses, shady forests and wild secluded valleys.
- Walserweg, Grisons. Five days of trekking from Thusis to Mulegns in the footsteps of the Walser, discovering en route the culture and fascinating history of the Walser folk.
- Bivio et Parc Ela: lakes, passes and pure nature. A hotel-based week amidst the breath-taking scenery of Parc Ela, the largest natural park in Switzerland and a unique biotope to explore on foot.
- National Park and Lower Engadine. Five days of trekking to experience nature in all its diversity in the largest protected area in Switzerland and discover the beautiful wild landscapes of the Lower Engadine!
- Four days of hiking high above Zermatt, surrounded by 4000-m peaks and glaciers.
- A long weekend of hiking, based in the alpine village of Grindelwald, including a day hike on the famous Eiger Trail!
- A long autumn weekend on the spectacular panorama trails high above Lötschental, with magnificent views of the Lang Glacier, the impressive rocky summit of the Bietschhorn and the historic valley villages.
- Five days of hotel-based autumn hiking on the panoramic trails of the Upper Engadine with wonderful views of turquoise lakes, glaciers, snow-covered summits, and larch forests.
- A weekend on part of the Jura Crest Trail, including the breathtaking natural rock cirque of Creux du Van and the Chasseron, with its vast panorama of the peaks and ridges of the Alps.
It’s never too early to plan your holidays! You’ll find details of each of these tours on the pages below and you can download a summary pdf of the programme for summer 2020 here.
Just contact me for further information.