Starting in the historic village of Soglio with its famous palazzi, we traverse from the beautiful Bergell valley, whose scenery has inspired numerous artists, crossing five breath-taking mountain passes to finish in the charming, unspoilt Val Bever.
“Via Panoramica” high-level route in Bergell with views towards the mighty granite peaks across the valley; a “three lakes, three passes” day, including the historic Roman Septimer Pass; the lush green Val da Natons; wild landscapes and the icy lake Leget at 2700 m; discovery of world history as we pass rock formations from the ancient African continent and the Tethys ocean; and a spectacular descent from the Fuorcla d’Agnel amidst coloured rocks to the welcoming Jenatsch hut.
Type of hiking
- 4 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- For experienced walkers in good shape; up to 1400 m up, 1100 m down, 17 km and up to 7‒8 hours’ walking per day (excluding breaks), plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for the 4 days.
- Technical level: mostly T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading); several sections at T3.
- Overnight stays with half-board in dormitory accommodation, some with showers.
- Day 1 afternoon: arrive in Soglio; discover the historic village.
- Day 2: Soglio 1090 m – Durbegia – Roticcio – Casaccia 1458 m; up c. 900 m, down c. 550 m, c. 6 h 30 min (or — depending on group’s wishes and capabilities — higher-level option up c. 1400 m, down c. 1100 m, c. 8 h via Val da Cam & Val Maroz).
- Day 3: Casaccia 1458 m – Pass da Sett 2310 m – Forcellina 2672 m ‒ Fuorcla da la Valletta 2586 m ‒Valletta da Beiva ‒ Bivio 1769 m; up c. 1250 m, down c. 950 m, c. 7‒8 h.
- Day 4: Bivio 1769 m – Val da Natons – Fuorcla digl Leget 2715 m – Fuorcla d’Agnel 2986 m – Jenatschhütte 2652 m; up c. 1400 m, down c. 550 m, c. 7‒8 h.
- Day 5: Jenatschhütte 2652 m – Val Bever – Spinas 1816 m;; up c. 100 m, down c. 900 m, c. 4 h.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Price and booking
If you are tempted, please contact me to discuss your needs!