Starting in the historic village of Soglio with its famous palazzi, we traverse from the beautiful Bergell valley, whose scenery has inspired numerous artists, crossing five breath-taking mountain passes to finish in the charming, unspoilt Val Bever.
“Via Panoramica” high-level route in Bergell with views towards the mighty granite peaks across the valley; a “three lakes, three passes” day, including the historic Roman Septimer Pass; the lush green Val da Natons; wild landscapes and the icy lake Leget at 2700 m; discovery of world history as we pass rock formations from the ancient African continent and the Tethys ocean; and a spectacular descent from the Fuorcla d’Agnel amidst coloured rocks to the welcoming Jenatsch hut.
Type of hiking
- 4 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- For experienced walkers in good shape; up to 1400 m up, 1100 m down, 17 km and up to 7‒8 hours’ walking per day (excluding breaks), plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for the 4 days.
- Technical level: mostly T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading); several sections at T3.
- Overnight stays with half-board in dormitory accommodation, some with showers.
- Day 1 afternoon: arrive in Soglio; discover the historic village.
- Day 2: Soglio 1090 m – Durbegia – Roticcio – Casaccia 1458 m; up c. 900 m, down c. 550 m, c. 6 h 30 min (or — depending on group’s wishes and capabilities — higher-level option up c. 1400 m, down c. 1100 m, c. 8 h via Val da Cam & Val Maroz).
- Day 3: Casaccia 1458 m – Pass da Sett 2310 m – Forcellina 2672 m ‒ Fuorcla da la Valletta 2586 m ‒Valletta da Beiva ‒ Bivio 1769 m; up c. 1250 m, down c. 950 m, c. 7‒8 h.
- Day 4: Bivio 1769 m – Val da Natons – Fuorcla digl Leget 2715 m – Fuorcla d’Agnel 2986 m – Jenatschhütte 2652 m; up c. 1400 m, down c. 550 m, c. 7‒8 h.
- Day 5: Jenatschhütte 2652 m – Val Bever – Spinas 1816 m;; up c. 100 m, down c. 900 m, c. 4 h.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Price and booking
CHF 690 per person (min. 4, max. 8 participants), including: 4 days’ guided hikes; 4 nights’ dormitory accommodation with half-board. Supplement for non-members of Swiss Alpine Club or affiliated national alpine club: CHF 10 for the week.
Price excludes: transport, insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
If you are tempted, please contact me to discuss your needs!