Saturday 1 October - Monday 3 October
FULLY BOOKED! A long weekend of hiking in the stunning scenery surrounding the largest glacier in the Alps. I look forward to sharing this amazing region with you!
- Spectacular and varied panoramas of the majestic Aletsch Glacier.
- Foggenhorn peak at 2569 m with long views of the Valais 4000ers.
- Impressive suspended foot bridge crossing the deep, ice-free gorge at the glacier’s end.
- Paths winding through the protected Aletschwald and its gnarled ancient trees, some over 600 years old.
Type of hiking
- 3 days of guided hikes, level 2*, with discovery of the secrets of the Aletsch Glacier, its history and the surrounding natural environment.
- For enthusiastic walkers in reasonably good shape; max. 850 m up and down and 4 h to 5 h 30 of walking each day, plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for the 3 days.
- Technical level: T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) with a few short sections at T3.
- Overnight stays in comfortable 2- or 3-bed rooms.
- Saturday 1 October: Belalp cablecar station ‒ Foggenhorn (2569 m) circuit, c. 5 h 30 min (excluding breaks).
- Sunday 2 October: Belalp ‒ Riederalp via the Aletsch suspended footbrige and Aletschwald, c. 5 h.
- Monday 3 October: panoramic ridge walk above the glacier and descent to Bettmeralp, c. 4 h.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Price and booking
CHF 485 per person (min. 6, max. 9 participants), including: 3 days’ guided hikes; 2 nights’ accommodation in 2- or 3-bed rooms with half-board.
Price excludes: transport (including cablecar Blatten‒Belalp and Bettmeralp‒Betten), insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
Simply click on the “Book now” button to reserve your place. Booking deadline: 27 August 2022.
COVID-19 pandemic: please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.