Monday 23 March - Monday 13 April
- Are you missing your usual sociable group hikes in the wonderful Swiss countryside?
- Are you curious to discover the secrets of plants, animals and the natural environment as spring arrives? For example:
- Do bumblebees really have smelly feet?
- What is the link between the wood anemone and olive oil?
- Who or what might be “tickled” by wood ants’ antennae?
- Why might you find wild garlic on rooftops in Ireland?
- Would you like to connect with like-minded hikers and at the same time gather ideas to add to the interest and pleasure of your next hike?
If yes, then you are warmly invited to join me on Monday evenings online for a new experience!
An interactive hour online on a Monday evening from 20.00 to 21.00, each time with a specific theme linked to the Swiss countryside and mountains.
For the first series, we will take a spring walk in the woods to discover the secrets of:
- Spring wildflowers: primrose, hepatica and wood anemone: 23 March
- The bumblebee: 30 March
- Wild garlic (with recipes!): 6 April
- The wood ant: 13 April
There’ll be time for your input, discussion and, of course, some optional fun quizzes!
You’ll join us on Zoom, an easy-to-use online platform that enables us all to see each other, use visual supports (slides, photos, drawings etc.), chat and exchange comments. I’ll send out instructions beforehand.
The primary language will usually be French, but if anyone would like to join for whom French is not an easy option, I will of course run the session in both French and English.
I can’t unfortunately offer you snacks, fruit or a glass of wine — but you are welcome to bring your own!
Price and booking
CHF 25 per person for each session, payment in advance by Twint or bank transfer (details will be sent on registration).
When you sign up, please specify which session(s) you would like to join and whether you would prefer to have the session in English as well as French.
Cancellation: For simplicity, if you need to cancel your participation after payment, I will transfer your credit to a future session or guided hike (please ignore my usual cancellation conditions on the form below).