Tuesday 18 August - Saturday 22 August
FULLY BOOKED! Five days of trekking from Zernez via S-charl to Sur En. Experience nature in all its diversity in the largest protected area in Switzerland and discover the beautiful wild landscapes of the Lower Engadine!
Deer, ibex, bearded vultures and rare plants in their natural habitats; Tamangur, the highest stone pine forest in Europe; turquoise mountain lakes near Fuorcla Sesvenna; and the spectacular path hewn into the cliffs above the gorges of Val d’Uina. If you have time, it’s worth arriving early in Zernez on the first day to visit the National Park Visitor Centre.
Type of hiking
- 5 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- Hikes at level 3*/4*, for experienced hikers on good form; up to 1150 m ↑, 1250 m ↓ and 4–7.5 hours of walking each day (excluding breaks), plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for the 5 days.
- Technical level: mostly T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) with a few sections at T3.
- Overnight stays with half-board in dormitory accommodation.
- Tues 18 August: Zernez 1473 m– Prasüra – Chamanna Cluozza 1882 m; c. 800 m ↑, 400 m ↓, 4 h.
- Wed 19 August: Chamanna Cluozza 1882 m – Fuorcla Murter 2545 m – Spöltal – Punt la Drossa – il Fuorn 1794 m; c. 1150 m ↑, 1250 m ↓, 7.5 h.
- Thurs 20 August: Ofenpass 2149 m – Valbella – Fuorcla Funt. da S-charl ‒ God Tamangur – S-charl 1810 m; c. 500 m ↑, 850 m ↓, 5.5 h.
- Fri 21 August: S-charl 1810 m – Fuorcla Sesvenna 2819 m – Sesvennahütte 2256 m ; c. 1000 m ↑, 600 m ↓, 6 h.
- Sat 22 August: Sesvennahütte 2256 m – Passo di Slingia 2299 m – Il Quar – Uina Dadaint – Sur En 1124 m ; c. 50 m ↑, 1200 m ↓, 5 h.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Price and booking
CHF 785 per person (min. 5, max. 8 participants) including 5 days of guided hikes; 4 nights in dormitory accommodation or small rooms with half-board. Supplement for non-members of Swiss Alpine Club or affiliated national alpine club: CHF 12.
Price excludes: transport, insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
Simply click on the “Book now” button to reserve your place. Booking deadline: 11 July 2020.
COVID-19 pandemic: please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.