Monday 9 August - Friday 13 August
FULLY BOOKED! A long-distance historic trail in the footsteps of the Walser people in the high valleys of the Grisons: 18 one-day sections to be spread over four summers! In 2021 we take five days to hike the third section, from Filisur to Langwies, discovering en route the culture and fascinating history of the Walser folk.
Typical Walser settlements with wooden houses, barns and shingle roofing; the spectacular Drostobel path cut into eroded cliffs; the wonderful descent of Ducantal from the Fanezfurgga; picturesque Stafelalp; and varied trails taking us through species-rich alpine meadows, stone pine and larch forests, and wide valleys.
Type of hiking
- 5 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- Hikes at level 3*/4*, for experienced, sure-footed walkers not suffering from vertigo; up to 1200 m ↑ and ↓ and 5.5–7.5 hours of walking each day (excluding breaks), plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for the 5 days.
- Technical level: mostly T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) with some narrow, exposed sections at T3.
- Overnight stays with half-board in twin rooms (3 nights) or dormitory (1 night) with showers available.
- Monday 9 August (meet Filisur at 9.00 a.m.): Filisur 1080 m – Drostobel – Jenisberg 1503 m – Monstein 1620 m; c. 960 m ↑, 420 m ↓, 5h30.
- Tuesday 10 August: Monstein 1620 m – Fanezfurgga 2578 m – Ducantal – Sertig Dörfli 1861 m; c. 1010 m ↑, 770 m ↓, 5h45.
- Wednesday 11 August: Sertig Dörfli 1861 m – Tällifurgga 2567 m – Dischma – Davos Platz 1558 m; c. 820 m ↑, 1140 m ↓, 6h30.
- Thursday 12 August: Davos Platz 1558 m – Stafelalp 1892 m – Maienfelderfurgga 2434 m – Arosa 1738 m; c. 1200 m ↑, 1000 m ↓, 7h15.
- Friday 13 August: Arosa 1738 m – Medergen 2000 m – Sapün – Langwies 1318 m; c. 670 m ↑, 1100 m ↓, 6 h.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Please note the start time on 9 August. Depending on where you live, you may need to spend Sunday night already in the region.
Price and booking
CHF 865 per person (min. 6, max. 8 participants), including: 5 days’ guided hikes; 4 nights’ accommodation with half-board in twin rooms (3 nights, hotel) or small dormitory (1 night), with shared showers available.
Price excludes: transport, insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
Booking deadline: 3 July 2021.
COVID-19 pandemic: please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.