Friday 1 October - Sunday 3 October
FULLY BOOKED ! Long weekend of autumn hiking high above Lenk and the Simme valley. Highlights : the idyllic turquoise lake of Iffigsee; the impressive Simme and “seven fountains” waterfalls; panoramic views of the Wildstrubel and Bernese mountains.
Type of hiking
- 3 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- Hikes at level 2/3* for enthusiastic hikers on good form ; 530–1000 m ↑ and ↓ and 5-6 hours of walking each day (excluding breaks), plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for the 3 days.
- Technical level: T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) + some short sections at T3.
- Friday 1 October: Lauenen 1240 m – Trütlisberg – Pt 2075 m – Betelberg –Stoos 1636 m, then down to Lenk by gondola; c. 920 m↑, 530 m ↓, 5h15.
- Saturday 2 October: Bim Höhe Hus 1105 m – Simmefäll – Sibe Brünne – Oberlaubhore 1999 m – Iffigenalp 1584 m; c. 1000 m ↑, 530 m ↓, 5h45.
- Sunday 3 October: Iffigenalp 1584 m – Iffigsee ‒ Iffighore 2378 m– Iffigenalp ; c. 840 m ↑ and ↓, 5h30.
Itinerary may be modified to take account of local weather conditions or for the security of the group.
Price and booking
CHF 450 per person (min. 5, max. 9 participants), including 3 days of guided hikes + 2 nights’ accommodation in twin rooms with shared showers and half-board. Please also allow 15-20 francs (with half-fare card) for gondola and bus.
Price excludes: transport, insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
Booking deadline: 27 August 2021.
COVID-19 pandemic: please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.