Saturday 20 August - Thursday 25 August
FULLY BOOKED! An unusual late summer trek! Between Thunersee and the spectacular turquoise Oeschinensee, climbing from 600 m altitude to almost 2800 m, we discover peaks, passes and wild valleys with wonderful views of lakes, glaciers and the snow-covered summits.
Thunersee panorama from the Greberegg ridge; 360° views from the airy Standflue peak; the wild Spiggegrund valley with its numerous waterfalls; and the “king’s stage” of the Via Alpina, an alpine traverse taking us over the Hohtürli at 2778 m and down over moraines to the beautiful Oeschinensee surrounded by steep cliffs.
Type of hiking
- 5.5 days of guided hikes, with discovery of the local flora and fauna, geology, history and culture.
- Hikes at level 3*/4*, for experienced, sure-footed walkers on good form and not suffering from vertigo; 1000–1300 m ↑, 800–1400 m ↓ and 6–7.5 hours of walking on four days (shorter first day and fifth day, 2.5 and 4 h), plus need to carry rucksack with clothes, picnics and overnight kit for all days except one.
- Technical level: mostly T2 (Swiss Alpine Club grading) with some exposed sections at T3.
- Overnight stays with half-board in twin rooms.
- Day 1, Saturday 20 August: optional afternoon hike, 2.5 h from Spiez/Thunersee to Aeschi, or meet at 18.00 in Aeschi.
Price and booking
CHF 1060 per person (min. 6, max. 8 participants), including: 5.5 days’ guided hikes; 5 nights’ accommodation with half-board in twin rooms (4 nights with private bathrooms).
Price excludes: transport, insurances, picnic lunches, drinks.
Booking deadline: 17 July 2022.
COVID-19 pandemic: please carefully read my updated Terms and Conditions before signing up.